We rob ourselves when we skim the surface of scripture rather than exert the effort to dig deeper for the treasures of truth embedded in God’s Word. Bible study leader and award-winning author Stephanie Pavlantos mined God’s Word to bring us a greater understanding of the intersection of Old Testament prophecies about Jesus, (God incarnate, the Messiah) and His New Testament fulfillment. Stephanie brings to light the fascinating Hebrew religious law and culture, the many intricate events leading up to, and the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus.
Did Jesus really die on Good Friday? What is the significance of the Passover feast and the Passover lamb? See God in the details, how He overlooks and wastes nothing and much more in this faith building thought provoking presentation. And there’s more!
Bible Study teacher and author Stephanie Pavlantos on The Passover Lamb
Thank you, Stephanie and Coach Mark Prasek of #PJNETtv.
Join Will Graham live for his message entitled “What is Truth?” on Friday April 15th, at 1 p.m. Eastern streaming from the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove in Asheville, NC.. Musician Brandon Heath will be the guest musician for this event. (Replay will be made available afterward for those unable to watch live.)
The Updated Version of He is Risen in Type for those who prefer to read:
He is Risen! I tried to quell the yearning for a greater something, a purpose greater than the here and now I chased all manner of both good and evil earthly pursuits But nothing fulfilled. Not even religion It was all vain distraction But then, He found me I met mercy and forgiveness on the way called grace Mercy withheld judgment Forgiveness wiped away my transgression Grace translated me from servant to friend, from abandoned to adored Do you want this? God created you for Himself, for Heaven That is why everything else misses the mark—just as we do I fall short, but Jesus is the difference maker Yes! My Creator is my crutch. I like to lean on Him He is my healer, redeemer, restorer He is the Way and the way maker He wants to be yours too I am a riverbed whose banks cannot contain the rushing water He rains on me; He reigns in me. I overflow He compels me But I do not walk alone Here is a highway. This is my rooftop Hello, world! Can you hear me? Do you know my Jesus? Because He is risen, I have hope Because He is risen I know Him Because He is risen I can come boldly before His throne I do not fear death Because He is risen I have been translated From dead in my sin to alive in Christ From slave to set free and daughter of the King From bound for Hell to Heaven bound He is risen indeed! This world is not my home It’s just the road to where I’m going Heaven is my home, and Jesus is my prize © 2019 Rachael M Colby, 1st Place NCCWC Tar Heel Award
He is risen indeed!
Several years ago, while I pondered that day and my salvation and what Jesus did for humanity, I asked Jesus if I could write a poem for Him to share. I started in the afternoon, wrote through the night and woke my not-so-amused husband up as I tapped out the rhythm for I Am the Guilty Man on our dining table. It starts out with my realization of my guilt at 12 years old, moves through revelation of what Jesus did for us, and concludes with the resolution—salvation and gratitude to Jesus.
Pardon and forgiveness were wrought on Calvary!
Why live as paupers, when God calls us to be His children, adopted as the King’s own? He extends the riches of His grace and love, purpose and help to navigate this life, and salvation to make us heirs of Heaven. But what’s crucial is not the day one celebrates the Passover and crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus as atonement for our sin, but that they choose and know Jesus as their own. Jesus offers us to trade our sin-stained rags for forgiveness and covering in His righteousness, temporal pleasure for eternal treasure. He offers peace not contingent on circumstance. We need only acknowledge our sin, our inability to save ourselves, and accept Him as sufficient Savior, the perfect Passover Lamb of God, Lord of our life. God doesn't shortchange us. Don't settle for anything less than all He has for you. Do you know Him?
You may watch Franklin Graham ‘s Easter message recorded in the Ukraine on Sunday April 17th,2022 at 12 noon Eastern on FOX News. Information HERE.
Thank you for the header graphic, Stephanie! ❤
SUBSCRIBE to my Tattoo it on Your Heart Newsletter for notifications of new blog posts and occasional offers and FREEBIES like this: CLICK HERE for Good News in a Sea of Bad News! FREE downloadable Gospel tract .
You may watch the 2022 Northeast Bible Conference: Staying on Message HERE. (Click top right of livestream screen to access drop-down menu and watch recent sermons. )
- The Hair and the ChickenIf you don’t lose all respect for me after watching this video, no worries, you’ll have another chance. Sometimes good things do come out of bad hair days.
- Road to Rabbi: A Messianic Jew’s Journey to JesusWhat an adventure, an education, and blessing to converse with the lively and jovial Rabbi Henry Morse of the Sha’ar Hashamayim Messianic Congregation in Stoughton, Massachusetts. I first encountered the Rabbi as he led his merry band of people down the hill after the If My People prayer event at the National Monument to the … Continue reading “Road to Rabbi: A Messianic Jew’s Journey to Jesus”
- Let’s Talk About Race Relations with Lori Roeleveld & Dr. Saundra Dalton-SmithWhen we attempt to muzzle people’s pain we widen their wounds. Without honest communication there is no intimacy. Without intimacy it’s difficult to touch a heart, the seedbed of where true, lasting, and positive change can take place. So, thank you to authors Lori Stanley Roeleveld and Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith for participating in this interview. … Continue reading “Let’s Talk About Race Relations with Lori Roeleveld & Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith”
- Failure is Not a Four-letter WordDefeated! Dejected! Those words seemed to sum up my life. I started out strong in my late teens by committing my life to Jesus. Oh, but then how my life became marked by failure. I felt so much older than my numerical age.
- Delay & Divine DirectionWhen the road stretches longer than expected and delays and detours abound, we dare not deter from the right path. The high road, though often rough hewn, long, lonely, and costly, is worthy of staying the course. In the long run, the cost of abandoning our call is higher than the pursuit of it. Shortcuts … Continue reading “Delay & Divine Direction”
- Celebrating and Upholding American FreedomWhat fun to introduce you to my young friend and writer, 12-year-old Isaac Barros. Isaac is the son of our beloved family friend, Larry Barros, who went home to be with Jesus in 2014. Larry was a children’s church leader, curriculum writer, and an amazing preacher. I plan to introduce you to Larry’s words sometime … Continue reading “Celebrating and Upholding American Freedom”
Looking for answers in these turbulent times? Wondering what in the world is going on? I pulled these scriptures together last year for my post Peace in Pandemic and Pandemonium. Their truth cries ever louder. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MY FREE COMPILATION OF BIBLE VERSES TO ENCOURAGE AND EQUIP (INCLUDES SCRIPTURES ON THE LAST DAYS).
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association 24 hour Prayer Line: (888) 388-2683
© 2022 Rachael M Colby | Tattoo It On your Heart
2 thoughts on “Did Jesus Really Die on Good Friday and Other Fascinating Questions”
To observe your mind and heart at work young lady. Such a busy intersection of love and grace. Happy Easter my friend.
Blessings to you and yours, JD. Appreciate you and youor ministry.