Chief Scott Young, a U.S. Marine veteran, retired after faithfully serving 20 years as police chief in Stafford, New Hampshire. Retirement didn’t last long, though. Chief Young raised the bar with his example when, at the request of the Barrington, NH Police Department, he returned to law enforcement as a patrolman to help train and mentor new and ranking police officers.
Chief Young comes from a lineage of police officers, starting with his grandfather and uncles. Now he, two of his sons, and his brother continue their family story of service to our nation and their communities. His family history also includes generations of service as Marines and firefighters, with several continuing this tradition. What a gift Chief Scott Young and his family are!
But as much as Chief Young loves serving in law enforcement, he shares there’s something even more important to him.
What a privilege to share police officer Chief Young’s insights and wisdom regarding law enforcement, our nation, family, community, and more in this video interview. (Downloadable audio option included.) Enjoy!
Click three dots to right of audio player above to download audio version for on-the-go offline listening.
Thank you, Chief Young, for your faithfulness and steadfastness, your example of willingness to step down to serve. #Hero — You remind me of Someone.
You may access my series of interviews with law enforcement officers HERE. (Several more are officers lined up for upcoming interviews.)
I’m still accepting participants for my Law Enforcement Series featuring interviews with officers from every state in the USA! Interested parties please contact me HERE.
A Chaplain Ministry of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association offering a law enforcement appreciation program which includes
FREE retreats for Law enforcement officers and their spouses
Law enforcement chaplaincy training.
VIDEO ARCHIVES OF BGEA LAW ENFORCEMENT SPEAKERS & EVENTS: https://rrt.billygraham.org/nlem/media-archives/
ADOPT-A-COP ~ “The goal of Adopt-A-Cop is to assign law enforcement officers to a family, group, or individual who will pray daily for them and send a note of encouragement, support and a thank you for their service to the community.”
SUBSCRIBE to my Tattoo it on Your Heart Newsletter for notifications of new blog posts and occasional offers and FREEBIES like this: CLICK HERE for Good News in a Sea of Bad News! FREE downloadable Gospel tract .
- Life Lessons from the Perspective of a Writer’s JourneyI’m not able to pull off perfect, so I decided I’d be real instead. No matter our call, when we shake off the shackles of perfectionism, and with God’s help pursue excellence for His glory and the edification of others, we find ourselves on a much more peaceful and productive path. (Working on it, or … Continue reading “Life Lessons from the Perspective of a Writer’s Journey”
- “‘Til I Drop Dead” (A Nurse’s Manifesto)“Just home from an extra shift extension because of so many nursing staff testing positive,” she said. “I have written to you about what it means to be a happy and fulfilled long term care nurse in case you are interested. Call it my manifesto to new and enduring nurses. Hope you like it, Rachael.” … Continue reading ““‘Til I Drop Dead” (A Nurse’s Manifesto)”
- Piece of My HeartHi, my name is “Ridiculous” and sometimes it’s “Crazy,” and I am a P.O.T. (Parent of Teen). My support group is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and other mothers. My only escape is prayer. So I prayed, “God, give me children lest I die!” and He gave us children. Then, sometimes I want to die. … Continue reading “Piece of My Heart”
- May the Source Be with YouDarkness enveloped me. A chill gripped my chest, hope ebbed, and weariness set in. Obviously, I’d taken a turn off the favored road. I’d trudged the circuitous miserable miles to nowhere only to wind up stuck, deep in the mire, when someone called out to me. “Hey, do you want help? Do you desire to … Continue reading “May the Source Be with You”
- Hidden History from the Secret City RevealedMr. Keith McDaniel, author, teacher, documentary filmmaker, owner of Secret City Films, and Knoxville Film Festival Executive Director and Mr. Ray Smith, City of Oak, Tennessee Historian, have much in common and have worked together on several projects over the years combining their many shared skills and unique talents to bring history to light and … Continue reading “Hidden History from the Secret City Revealed”
Looking for answers in these turbulent times? Wondering what in the world is going on? I pulled these scriptures together last year for my post Peace in Pandemic and Pandemonium. Their truth cries ever louder. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MY FREE COMPILATION OF BIBLE VERSES TO ENCOURAGE AND EQUIP (INCLUDES SCRIPTURES ON THE LAST DAYS).
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association 24 hour Prayer Line: (888) 388-2683
© 2022 Rachael M Colby | Tattoo It On your Heart