What an honor and a delight to speak to Civil Rights Icon Ambassador Andrew Young and share this video interview with you. Ambassador Young was Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s trusted friend and top strategist in the #CivilRightsMovement. He celebrated his 90th birthday on March 12th, 2022. (Happy Birthday Ambassador Andrew Young. Thank you for your example and lifetime of service to our country and the world.)
My Interview with Civil Rights Icon Ambassador Andrew Young
Click three dots to right of audio player to download audio for on-the-go offline listening.
PROMO TRAILER for Ambassador Andrew Young’s new documentary For All the Saints below
A special TEMPORARY LINK to watch Ambassador Andrew Young’s new documentary For All the Saints in its entirety will release for $9.99 pay-per-view on Vimeo in the next few days for a very LIMITED TIME. I will post the Vimeo link to For All the Saints documentary in this post and make an announcement of it on my site as soon as it becomes available.
“It is a blessing to die for a cause, because you can so easily die for nothing.” — Andrew Young
For the modest fee required, this documentary offers an inspiring education and deeper understanding of #CivilRights history and how it relates to today, an opportunity to support this project as well as The Andrew Young Foundation’s work. What a wonderful opportunity for students and all citizens. “I don’t think about making money, I think about serving people.” said Ambassador Andrew Young. But as he then rightly noted, it often takes money to help people. *You can also look for additional opportunities to watch this documentary elsewhere in the future.
Humility and grace are often characteristics of genuine heroes. Ambassador Young is a person I hold great admiration and affection for. He has done amazing things for America and the world, and I value his input. I often think of how Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Ambassador Andrew Young, and Billy Graham stood their ground, boldly proclaimed their beliefs, yet made and maintained good relationships, and captured the hearts and ears of multitudes who believed differently than themselves. When we seek to win hearts rather than arguments, we make much positive progress. I admire the way these men set their will to love people. — “God, I want that gift.”
I believe it’s important we listen, talk, and build positive relationships with those we differ with on some things. And yes, even with the opposition sometimes. How do we know we’re right if we don’t have a full picture of all sides as much as possible? How can we win others if we can’t listen to them first and try to understand where they’re coming from? And if we have the truth and all we do is preach to the choir, we’re not gaining any ground.
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. (Romans 12:18 NIV)
“God, help me, help us as a nation to be slow to speak, quick to hear, to exercise compassionate care in our communication and actions, to stand for #truth with boldness, humility, and love—to extend grace to others as Jesus does to us. Love God, love people, speak truth, uphold righteousness.”
“Freedom is a struggle, and we do it together. Not only together as black citizens, but black and white together.” — Andrew Young “We’re never going to automatically have things easy. We're going to always have to struggle to find a common ground, where if and when we are fair, everybody can live a good life according to the Constitution.” — Andrew Young
Any reconcilliation we've had in this country has come not out of confrontation, but out of a spirit of reconcilliation. If we continue to practice an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, we will eventually end up with a land of people who are blind and toothless. — Andrew Young
Ambassador Andrew Jacson Young’s Biography
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9 NKJV)
Documentaries: Andrew Young Presents Books: 25th Anniversary Edition - An Easy Burden: The Civil Rights Movement and the Transformation of America, Hardcover, by Andrew Young Available for Preorder: The Many Lives of Andrew Young Hardcover
Ambassador Andrew Young spoke at Chapel on the Hill in Oak Ridge, TN, in 1963 when my father-in-law and Dr. James Spicer co-ministered there. (This is where my book in progress is set.) Thrilled to share that part one in my series of articles, The Integration of Oakridge: A Unique Perspective featured in the Oak Ridger newspaper is a Selah Award finalist. You can read it HERE.
SUBSCRIBE to my Tattoo it on Your Heart Newsletter for notifications of new blog posts, occasional offers and FREEBIES like this: CLICK HERE for Good News in a Sea of Bad News! FREE downloadable Gospel tract .
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association 24 hour Prayer Line: (888) 388-2683
Click HERE to read my testimony: A Mail Carrier’s Mistake Saved Her from Suicide on the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association website.
- Let’s Talk About Race Relations with Lori Roeleveld & Dr. Saundra Dalton-SmithWhen we attempt to muzzle people’s pain we widen their wounds. Without honest communication there is no intimacy. Without intimacy it’s difficult to touch a heart, the seedbed of where true, lasting, and positive change can take place. So, thank you to authors Lori Stanley Roeleveld and Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith for … Continue reading “Let’s Talk About Race Relations with Lori Roeleveld & Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith”
- Failure is Not a Four-letter WordDefeated! Dejected! Those words seemed to sum up my life. I started out strong in my late teens by committing my life to Jesus. Oh, but then how my life became marked by failure. I felt so much older than my numerical age.
- Delay & Divine DirectionWhen the road stretches longer than expected and delays and detours abound, we dare not deter from the right path. The high road, though often rough hewn, long, lonely, and costly, is worthy of staying the course. In the long run, the cost of abandoning our call is higher than the … Continue reading “Delay & Divine Direction”
- Celebrating and Upholding American FreedomWhat fun to introduce you to my young friend and writer, 12-year-old Isaac Barros. Isaac is the son of our beloved family friend, Larry Barros, who went home to be with Jesus in 2014. Larry was a children’s church leader, curriculum writer, and an amazing preacher. I plan to introduce you … Continue reading “Celebrating and Upholding American Freedom”
- #Writers on a #RoadTrip“What happens when an introvert and extrovert take a 3000 mile road trip? Will they complete their mission or kill each other trying?” “LOL! I’m sure you thought of killing me a few times, Cherrilynn. Rightfully so.” “No. Just letting you out to walk. — We did really well together.” “I … Continue reading “#Writers on a #RoadTrip”
© 2022 Rachael M Colby | Tattoo It On your Heart
#BlackHistory #USHistory #CivilRightsHistory #CivilRightsHero #CivilRightsIcon