I recorded this poem a year ago but balked at sharing it. The camera scares me. Yes, those are real birds and this minute and a half video is unedited. I perched my friend’s tripod atop some rocks in the woods to record it with my iPhone 5. My hope is to bring the outside, inside, and perhaps encourage you to head outdoors and become a noticer, to see God’s hand in His creation, spend a few moments with Him there. Out of the dark days of winter, new life emerges in spring.
So too God gives us new beginings, new life from death, healing and purpose from pain, and calm admist chaos when we yield to Him. See how creation praises the Creator and be instructed.
Spring | Rachael M. Coby
I look forward to sharing the new documentary on the #CivilRights movement and the leaders at its forefront, For all the Saints, as soon as the Andrew Young Foundation completes the set-up for the special limited time pay-per-view link. If you missed my video interview with Civil Rights icon Ambassador Andrew Young in my last post or wish to share it, you can watch it HERE. (Audio option available beneath the video.)
You may access my interviews with law enforcement officers HERE. (Two posted to date, another ready to release shortly and several lined up.:)
I’m still accepting participants for my Law Enforcement Series featuring interviews with officers from every state in the USA! Interested parties please contact me HERE.
SUBSCRIBE to my Tattoo it on Your Heart Newsletter for notifications of new blog posts and occasional offers and FREEBIES like this: CLICK HERE for Good News in a Sea of Bad News! FREE downloadable Gospel tract .
- Life Lessons from the Perspective of a Writer’s JourneyI’m not able to pull off perfect, so I decided I’d be real instead. No matter our call, when we shake off the shackles of perfectionism, and with God’s help pursue excellence for His glory and the edification of others, we find ourselves on a much more peaceful and productive path. (Working on it, or … Continue reading “Life Lessons from the Perspective of a Writer’s Journey”
- “‘Til I Drop Dead” (A Nurse’s Manifesto)“Just home from an extra shift extension because of so many nursing staff testing positive,” she said. “I have written to you about what it means to be a happy and fulfilled long term care nurse in case you are interested. Call it my manifesto to new and enduring nurses. Hope you like it, Rachael.” … Continue reading ““‘Til I Drop Dead” (A Nurse’s Manifesto)”
- Piece of My HeartHi, my name is “Ridiculous” and sometimes it’s “Crazy,” and I am a P.O.T. (Parent of Teen). My support group is Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and other mothers. My only escape is prayer. So I prayed, “God, give me children lest I die!” and He gave us children. Then, sometimes I want to die. … Continue reading “Piece of My Heart”
- May the Source Be with YouDarkness enveloped me. A chill gripped my chest, hope ebbed, and weariness set in. Obviously, I’d taken a turn off the favored road. I’d trudged the circuitous miserable miles to nowhere only to wind up stuck, deep in the mire, when someone called out to me. “Hey, do you want help? Do you desire to … Continue reading “May the Source Be with You”
- Hidden History from the Secret City RevealedMr. Keith McDaniel, author, teacher, documentary filmmaker, owner of Secret City Films, and Knoxville Film Festival Executive Director and Mr. Ray Smith, City of Oak, Tennessee Historian, have much in common and have worked together on several projects over the years combining their many shared skills and unique talents to bring history to light and … Continue reading “Hidden History from the Secret City Revealed”
Looking for answers in these turbulent times? Wondering what in the world is going on? I pulled these scriptures together last year for my post Peace in Pandemic and Pandemonium. Their truth cries ever louder. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MY FREE COMPILATION OF BIBLE VERSES TO ENCOURAGE AND EQUIP (INCLUDES SCRIPTURES ON THE LAST DAYS).
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association 24 hour Prayer Line: (888) 388-2683
© 2022 Rachael M Colby | Tattoo It On your Heart